Great Basin National Park
Great Basin National Park is located in east central Nevada, 60 miles southeast of Ely, and 5 miles west of Baker.
Here is a list of some exciting things to do on your trip to Great Basin National Park!
- Lehman Caves Tour
- Wheeler Peak Scenic Drive
- Island Forest Trail
- Mountain View Nature Trail
- Evening Campfire Program
- Pole Canyon Picnic Area
- Bristlecone Pine Trail
- Astronomy Program
- Baker/Johnson Lake Loop Trail
- Lexington Arch
- Baker Archeological Site
- Pictograph Cave
- Summit Wheeler Peak, the second highest peak in Nevada! (elevation 13,063ft)
Great Basin National Park also has five developed campgrounds with vault toilets, picnic tables, tent pads, and campfire grills.
Camp Fees are as follows:
- $12.00 for developed campgrounds per night/per site.
- $6.00 for Golden Age/Golden Access card holders.
- Primitive campgrounds have no fee.
Also see a list of upcoming events! (click here)
See the official website for more information.
From U.S. Highway 6 & 50, turn south on Nevada State Highway 487 and travel 5 miles to Baker, NV. In Baker turn west on Highway 488 and travel 5 miles to the park.